Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FEAR


A brilliant artist healer friend was recently working on publishing her notes and came across a definition that is just too good not to share. F E A R = False Evidence Appearing Real. Whoa. I have not stopped thinking about it for a week now. It has provided me a formula to help ease my mind during somewhat of tumultuous times. It is a quick fix when our heads get away from us. I am also reminded of a kick butt girlfriend who passed away years ago. She was a master lei maker and a foliage connoisseur. She would interrupt her own conversing to point out a particular flower that was in bloom or a patch of fern that was abundant, constantly making notes of natures inventory. When I spoke at her funeral I described her as "No Sked" aka Never Scared. Completely fearless. I admired that in her so much because she appeared to be born with it and I have had to learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment